Ujung Kulon National Park, the only place Javan rhinos are known to survive, faces threats from human activity as well as natural disasters.
Articles by Donny Iqbal
On a cloudless September morning in the Central Javan hamlet of Pandansari, the coastal air drips with mist and the clamor of cawing seagulls. Forty-five-year-old Mashadi, who like many Indonesians…
Conservation in madagascar
- Audio: Amazon tribe’s traditional medicine encyclopedia gets an update, and conservation effectiveness in Madagascar examined
- CITES rejects Madagascar’s bid to sell rosewood and ebony stockpiles
- Abandoned by their sponsors, Madagascar’s orphaned parks struggle on
Indonesias forest guardians
- Faith in the forest helps Indonesia’s Dayaks keep plantations, loggers at bay
- Reliance on natural healing cultivates respect for nature in Indonesian village
- In a Papuan district, tribes push to revive a legacy of sustainability
- Restoration optimism: Bringing nature back (commentary)
- The ups and downs of marine protected areas: Examining the evidence
- Do protected areas work in the tropics?
Southeast asian infrastructure
- Roads, dams and railways: Ten infrastructure stories from Southeast Asia in 2017
- Indonesian conservation bill stirs debate over geothermal rigs, private guards
- Can the Solomon Islands’ Gold Ridge Mine serve as a new model for resource extraction in the South Pacific?
- Venezuela: can a failing state protect its environment and its people?
- Maduro seeks sell off of Venezuela’s natural resources to escape debt – analysis
- Record Amazon fires, intensified by forest degradation, burn indigenous lands
- Indonesia hints rhino sperm transfer to Malaysia may finally happen this year
- Indonesian ex-soldier among three jailed for illegal trade in Sumatran rhino, tiger parts
- Glimmer of hope as Malaysia’s last female Sumatran rhino shows signs of recovery
- Duterte orders navy to fire on foreign poachers in Philippine waters
- Indonesian police bust Chinese nationals with 200 kg of turtle shells
- Indonesia buckles to protests against seine fishing ban