Use Mongabay content: Creative Commons BY-NC-ND
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
We strongly encourage anyone to republish this article online and in print, as long as you follow some simple guidelines:
- You must credit the author and Mongabay as listed in the original piece, ideally in the byline, with a link back to the specific URL of the article on Mongabay’s website.
- This article is published under the Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) Creative Commons license. That means you cannot edit or change the material, except to reflect relative changes in time, location and basic editorial style (For example, “yesterday” can be changed to “last week,” and “London, UK.” to “London” or “here”, and “organization” to “organisation”). Mentions of Mongabay within articles can also be redacted, from “The author told Mongabay” to “The author said,” for example. To request material edits contact us.
- If you are republishing online, you must link to the original story and include the original links embedded in the story.
- It is okay to put our articles on pages with ads, but you cannot sell our material separately. Similarly, please do not republish Mongabay stories behind paywalls that require readers to pay in order to view.
- If you are republishing a story that has been translated, you must credit the translator as well as the author. As with the text of original Mongabay stories, please do not alter translations except to reflect relative changes in time, location, and basic editorial style, as noted above.
- Please pay attention to photo permissions. If a photo in the original piece is credited as belonging to either Mongabay or the author of the piece you are republishing, you have permission to use the photo as is, unchanged, with the same caption/credit as used in the original piece. If an image is copyright of another photographer or illustrator and you would like to reproduce it, contact us. Some sources don’t allow their images to be republished without permission.
Read more about our Republishing Guidelines.
If you have further questions about republishing Mongabay content, please contact rights(at)mongabay.com.