A pair of drones and the efforts of nearly 3,000 volunteers have helped scientists carry out a detailed study of the trees within a 400-hectare (1,000-acre) patch of the Amazon,…
A conservation technology team at WWF-UK has produced a series of best-practice guidelines for three key data collection techniques—camera trapping, passive acoustic monitoring, and remote sensing through Light Detection and…
The agency responsible for looking after the Philippines’ fish stocks has pledged to step up the science behind its management of the resource as it announced new reforms to the…
Increasingly well-funded poaching gangs, as well as the pressure of ever-growing surrounding human populations, have made protecting wildlife and nature reserves a sometimes dangerous and uncertain way to make a…
Researchers are branching out from an established monitoring technology to better study elusive canopy species.
To understand the resource needs of a species, you need to know where individual animals go and what they do there. You can follow some animals around on foot or…
A short biodiversity monitoring manual is now freely available online
Cross River gorillas benefit from reduced threat and strengthened law enforcement thanks in part to mobile data collection, management and analysis with CyberTracker monitoring.
A field biologist explains how conservation dogs enhance our ability to understand and protect wild species.
Key features, benefits, and limitations of a free, open-source data software program with a community-based chili-fence project case study.
The TextIt service helps you build your own surveys and deploy them using simple SMS exchanges in remote and urban areas.
- Deaths, arrests and protests as Philippines re-emerges from lockdown
- In Brazil, COVID-19 outbreak paves way for invasion of indigenous lands
- On anniversary of nun’s murder Amazon land rights activists at high risk
Indonesias forest guardians
- Reforesting a village in Indonesia, one batch of gourmet beans at a time
- Restoring Sumatra’s Leuser Ecosystem, one small farm at a time
- Indigenous Iban community defends rainforests, but awaits lands rights recognition
- Failure in conservation projects: Everyone experiences it, few record it
- On a wing and a prayer? Evidence for ways to conserve bats (commentary)
- Audio: The sounds of a rare New Zealand bird reintroduced to its native habitat
- MRN bauxite mine leaves legacy of pollution, poverty in Brazilian Amazon
- Communities on Brazil’s ‘River of Unity’ tested by dams, climate change
- Coronavirus puts Brazil’s quilombos at risk; will assistance come?
- Poaching in Indonesia’s biodiverse Leuser Ecosystem on the rise amid COVID-19
- A new sanctuary for the Sumatran rhino is delayed amid COVID-19 measures
- U.S. fund that supports Sumatran rhino research faces deep cuts under Trump
- Indonesia may bar citizens from working on foreign fishing boats after spate of deaths
- Chinese boat that dumped Indonesian crews at sea was also shark-finning: Reports
- How Indonesia’s omnibus bill may impact fisheries compliance and enforcement (commentary)