To understand the resource needs of a species, you need to know where individual animals go and what they do there. You can follow some animals around on foot or…
A short biodiversity monitoring manual is now freely available online
Cross River gorillas benefit from reduced threat and strengthened law enforcement thanks in part to mobile data collection, management and analysis with CyberTracker monitoring.
A field biologist explains how conservation dogs enhance our ability to understand and protect wild species.
Key features, benefits, and limitations of a free, open-source data software program with a community-based chili-fence project case study.
The TextIt service helps you build your own surveys and deploy them using simple SMS exchanges in remote and urban areas.
- ‘Weird’ police probe rules Indonesian activist died in drink-driving crash
- Suspicions of murder in death of Indonesian environmental activist
- Oil palm, cattle and coca take a toll on Colombia’s indigenous Jiw
Indonesias forest guardians
- Reforesting a village in Indonesia, one batch of gourmet beans at a time
- Restoring Sumatra’s Leuser Ecosystem, one small farm at a time
- Indigenous Iban community defends rainforests, but awaits lands rights recognition
- Failure in conservation projects: Everyone experiences it, few record it
- Wilderness cuts the risk of extinction for species in half
- Chimps in Sierra Leone adapt to human-impacted habitats, but threats remain
- Yanomami Amazon reserve invaded by 20,000 miners; Bolsonaro fails to act
- Amazon infrastructure puts 68% of indigenous lands / protected areas at risk: report
- Amazon fish kill at Sinop spotlights risk from 80+ Tapajós basin dams
- Malaysian attempt at Sumatran rhino IVF fails on low quality of sperm
- At India’s Assam Zoo, decades of experience lead to rhino-breeding success
- For India’s flood-hit rhinos, refuge depends increasingly on humans
- For one Indonesian fisher, saving caught turtles is a moral challenge
- Indonesia’s new cabinet a ‘marriage of oligarchs,’ environmentalists say
- Indonesian villagers fighting planned mine garner national support