Conservation Effectiveness is a multi-part series investigating whether conservation strategies work or not. The series is the result of a collaboration between Mongabay staff reporters Shreya Dasgupta and Mike Gaworecki, and a team of conservation scientists led by tropical forest ecologist Zuzana Burivalova from Princeton University.
This page includes detailed methodology we’ve used, references to all studies included in the stories and links to downloadable data for each conservation strategy.
– How we reviewed evidence
- Studies reviewed for story on forest certification
- Studies reviewed for story on payments for ecosystem services (PES)
- Visualization of evidence on forest certification
- Visualization of evidence on payments for ecosystem services (PES)
- Cash for conservation: Do payments for ecosystem services work?
12 October 2017, 2:23 pm
- Does forest certification really work?
21 September 2017, 2:11 pm
- What works in conservation? In-depth series starts next week
15 September 2017, 1:19 pm
- Conservation community failing to use evidence to make decisions, scientists say
31 July 2017, 11:21 am