A recent photo that sparked speculation that an Indonesian tiger species had come back from extinction most likely shows instead a rare, but certainly not extinct, Javan leopard (Panthera pardus…
Articles by Rahmadi Rahmad
Born in the United States, Sumatran rhino Harapan is settling into his new home at Indonesia's Sumatran Rhino Sanctuary.
The fate of an imperiled species shined a little brighter on Thursday, when Ratu the Sumatran rhinoceros gave birth to her second calf at a captive breeding center in Indonesia. The…
One of the newly discovered Sumatran rhinos in Kalimantan, the Indonesian part of Borneo, died on Tuesday from a leg infection after being wounded by a snare. The critically endangered…
Three wildlife traffickers who were caught in November with as many baby Sumatran orangutans (Pongo abelii) were sentenced to between two and two-and-a-half years behind bars this week by a court in…
arapan the rhino is among the last of his kind. His name – it means “hope” in Indonesian – is fitting: scientists are counting on the newly mature Sumatran rhinoceros…
The Mount Tambora caldera. The area was declared a national park last month. Photo: Wikimedia Commons Indonesian researchers believe they have identified six new animal species in the newly declared…
Conservation in madagascar
- Audio: Amazon tribe’s traditional medicine encyclopedia gets an update, and conservation effectiveness in Madagascar examined
- CITES rejects Madagascar’s bid to sell rosewood and ebony stockpiles
- Abandoned by their sponsors, Madagascar’s orphaned parks struggle on
Indonesias forest guardians
- Reliance on natural healing cultivates respect for nature in Indonesian village
- In a Papuan district, tribes push to revive a legacy of sustainability
- In rural Indonesia, women spearhead the fight to protect nature
- Do protected areas work in the tropics?
- Experience or evidence: How do big conservation NGOs make decisions?
- Does community-based forest management work in the tropics?
Southeast asian infrastructure
- Roads, dams and railways: Ten infrastructure stories from Southeast Asia in 2017
- Indonesian conservation bill stirs debate over geothermal rigs, private guards
- Can the Solomon Islands’ Gold Ridge Mine serve as a new model for resource extraction in the South Pacific?
- Venezuela’s Mining Arc boom sweeps up Indigenous people and cultures
- Study: Amazon dams are disrupting ecologically vital flood pulses
- Brazil 2018: Amazon under attack, resistance grows, courts to act, elections
- Indonesian ex-soldier among three jailed for illegal trade in Sumatran rhino, tiger parts
- Glimmer of hope as Malaysia’s last female Sumatran rhino shows signs of recovery
- Malaysia’s last female Sumatran rhino falls ill
- Indonesia seeks to slap money-laundering label on illegal fishing
- Indonesians race to save their disappearing lakes, before it’s too late
- Indonesians plant trees to nurse seagrass back to health in Wakatobi