Comprised of an aerial platform, a payload, a station, an uplink and a downlink, helium-filled balloons show potential to provide 24/7 communications and surveillance, even in remote areas.
Articles by NIr Tenenbaum
A defense expert offers some Infrequently Asked Questions to ask a UAS manufacturer about systems to combat wildlife poaching.
On the week of October 9th, a 10-man ranger patrol team was ambushed by wildlife poachers equipped with heavy artillery as they searched for an elephant tracking collar in Garamba…
Despite the attention paid to the potential for drones to reduce wildlife crime, there are few data on their actual success in anti-poaching activities. Security expert Dr. Nir Tenenbaum gives a brief history and assessment of using drones for anti-poaching.
- On anniversary of nun’s murder Amazon land rights activists at high risk
- Iran upholds heavy sentences for conservationists convicted of spying
- Two deaths trigger alarm at Mexico’s Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve
Indonesias forest guardians
- Reforesting a village in Indonesia, one batch of gourmet beans at a time
- Restoring Sumatra’s Leuser Ecosystem, one small farm at a time
- Indigenous Iban community defends rainforests, but awaits lands rights recognition
- Failure in conservation projects: Everyone experiences it, few record it
- On a wing and a prayer? Evidence for ways to conserve bats (commentary)
- Audio: The sounds of a rare New Zealand bird reintroduced to its native habitat
- Barrage of mining requests targets Brazil’s isolated indigenous peoples
- Database offers new details on the dams that hold mining waste
- Xavante tribe digs in as Brazil reneges on vow not to build a road in their reserve
- Indonesia-WWF split puts rhino breeding project in Borneo in limbo
- Indonesian officials wield sharia law in defense of Sumatran rhinos
- Love triangle complicates efforts to breed Sumatran rhinos
- Coronavirus, trawls take a toll on shrimp fishery in Indonesia’s Jambi
- In Bali, young people lead the fight as a plastic plague threatens paradise
- Investigation reveals loopholes for illegal shark fin exports from Indonesia