A new electronic approach to monitoring tuna fishing fleets is being tested to improve the timeliness and accuracy of catch data, the transparency of tuna supply chains, and the safety…
Researchers have developed a new acoustic monitoring method to measure bees’ productivity to facilitate management and response to population decline.
This is My Backyard (TIMBY) digital tools support safe reporting and story-telling for addressing conflict-prone issues around the globe.
From the Lacey Act to the Endangered Species Act (ESA), many laws aim to protect wildlife, but the clandestine nature of wildlife crime makes it hard to identify violations. Wildlife…
Automated acoustic monitoring of animal sounds can help assess faunal communities and detect endangered species.
How could we harness DNA barcode technology in a handheld device that frontline officials could use to combat timber and wildlife trafficking?
Handheld, palm-sized, lightweight DNA preparation and sequencing devices are coming your way soon.
Many timber woods of conservation concern are hard to distinguish anatomically from species resembling them, especially when the wood sample lacks leaves or other botanical features. For instance, big-leaf mahogany…
- Madagascar environmental activist convicted, sentenced — and paroled
- Another Madagascar environmental activist imprisoned
- Indigenous group scores legal victory as dam floods their lands
Para penjaga hutan
- Protecting a forest in the land of the Indonesian deer-pig
- Why the Suy’uk are fact-checking their Dayak origin myth
- Merabu’s efforts to keep the carbon in its trees
- Government revokes 406 mining permits in Indonesia’s East Kalimantan
- Indonesia coal power push neglects rural households, chokes urban ones
- ‘Queen of Coal’ named corruption suspect in Indonesia
Southeast asian infrastructure
- Can the Solomon Islands’ Gold Ridge Mine serve as a new model for resource extraction in the South Pacific?
- Indonesia’s big development push in Papua: Q&A with program overseer Judith J. Dipodiputro
- New study: Risky roads cause more than just environmental harm
- From carbon sink to source: Brazil puts Amazon, Paris goals at risk
- As negotiators meet in Bonn, Brazil’s carbon emissions rise
- Indigenous lands at risk, as Amazon sellout by Brazil’s Temer continues (commentary)
- A tranquilizer shortage is holding back rhino management plans in India
- The fate of the Sumatran rhino is in the Indonesian government’s hands
- Is anyone going to save the Sumatran rhino?
- Indonesians plant trees to nurse seagrass back to health in Wakatobi
- Jakarta reclamation project allowed to resume, but opposition remains
- Second Irrawaddy dolphin death in Borneo linked to fishing nets