Timber that is being illegally logged and smuggled out of Myanmar is ending up as decking on luxury yachts in the UK, according to one group's research. The chain of…
Articles by Lauren Crothers
Lauren Crothers is a freelance reporter and photojournalist with an interest in environment and human rights issues. She has worked in Hong Kong, Canada, Ireland and Cambodia.
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - It was June 1999, and Cambodia’s then-Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Chhea Song, was addressing a regional symposium on forestry law enforcement in Phnom Penh.…
Conservation in madagascar
- Audio: Amazon tribe’s traditional medicine encyclopedia gets an update, and conservation effectiveness in Madagascar examined
- CITES rejects Madagascar’s bid to sell rosewood and ebony stockpiles
- Abandoned by their sponsors, Madagascar’s orphaned parks struggle on
Indonesias forest guardians
- Faith in the forest helps Indonesia’s Dayaks keep plantations, loggers at bay
- Reliance on natural healing cultivates respect for nature in Indonesian village
- In a Papuan district, tribes push to revive a legacy of sustainability
- Restoration optimism: Bringing nature back (commentary)
- The ups and downs of marine protected areas: Examining the evidence
- Do protected areas work in the tropics?
Southeast asian infrastructure
- Roads, dams and railways: Ten infrastructure stories from Southeast Asia in 2017
- Indonesian conservation bill stirs debate over geothermal rigs, private guards
- Can the Solomon Islands’ Gold Ridge Mine serve as a new model for resource extraction in the South Pacific?
- Protected areas with deforestation more likely to lose status in Brazilian state
- Venezuela: can a failing state protect its environment and its people?
- Maduro seeks sell off of Venezuela’s natural resources to escape debt – analysis
- Indonesia hints rhino sperm transfer to Malaysia may finally happen this year
- Indonesian ex-soldier among three jailed for illegal trade in Sumatran rhino, tiger parts
- Glimmer of hope as Malaysia’s last female Sumatran rhino shows signs of recovery
- Duterte orders navy to fire on foreign poachers in Philippine waters
- Indonesian police bust Chinese nationals with 200 kg of turtle shells
- Indonesia buckles to protests against seine fishing ban