Handheld, palm-sized, lightweight DNA preparation and sequencing devices are coming your way soon.
Articles by Hina Alam
Private-sector plans to biofabricate rhino horns to be carved into luxury items or resold into medicinal markets has raised controversy among conservationists who believe it will fuel the demand for the real thing.
Polar bear populations are threatened by the loss of Arctic sea ice they use for hunting, and filmmakers and researchers are using remote cameras to better understand how the bears…
Remote photography, taken using robots or remote cameras, may help researchers studying animals in dens, cavities, and difficult-to-access terrain.
Conservation in madagascar
- Madagascar: Conservation official arrested for killing 11 endangered lemurs
- Will Madagascar’s industrial shrimp trawlers make way for local fishers?
- Audio: Amazon tribe’s traditional medicine encyclopedia gets an update, and conservation effectiveness in Madagascar examined
Indonesias forest guardians
- In eastern Indonesia, a forest tribe pushes back against miners and loggers
- Faith in the forest helps Indonesia’s Dayaks keep plantations, loggers at bay
- Reliance on natural healing cultivates respect for nature in Indonesian village
- FSC-certified timber importer failed to check legality of shipment from Cameroon
- Ecotourism payments for more wildlife sightings linked to conservation benefits in Laos
- Restoration optimism: Bringing nature back (commentary)
- Small hydropower a big global issue overlooked by science and policy
- Andes dams twice as numerous as thought are fragmenting the Amazon
- Norsk Hydro accused of Amazon toxic spill, admits ‘clandestine pipeline’
- Save the Sumatran rhino ‘because we can’ (commentary)
- Javan rhino population holds steady amid ever-present peril
- Indonesia hints rhino sperm transfer to Malaysia may finally happen this year
- Plastic not so fantastic for Bali’s iconic manta rays
- On an island of plenty, a community tempered by waves braces for rising seas
- Duterte orders navy to fire on foreign poachers in Philippine waters